1. Apply online after reading the description and qualification.Upload your current resume and cover letter and make sure that all the information given by you is true to your knowledge.
2. After reviewing your application, if you are selected they will email you a personality test which is to have an over look if you have the personal traits suited for a flight attendant with American Airlines. So answer each questions honestly.
3. If you get through the personality test you have to get prepared for the telephone interview.It will be an automated interview in which you have to answer 6 questions in 3 minutes.
4. After completing the telephone interview successfully you will be called for one-to-one interview by the representative.The interview will take place at any of the major city mostly at its headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas.It consist of different tasks including group task, group interview and one-to-one interview.If you are selected in personal interview, you will have foreign language test which will be in that language.
5. You will go through medical test and agility test which will be held at its headquarters.After completing the interview successfully you will be scheduled for a training date, and well on your way to becoming an flight attendant for American Airlines.
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS :
These are some sample interview questions that may be asked in your interview.
1. Tell us about your biggest strength
Mention some good and positive qualities such as good motivator, positive attitude, working well under pressure, responsible,eager to learn etc. Be prepared to give an example to the skills mentioned.
2. Why should we hire you ?
Tell about your education and skills.Prove them that you are excellent in customer service.You should know about the type of job, about the company and also about the culture of the company.May be you don’t have much skill and experience than the other candidate but your energy and passion may work well.Show immense energy and show that you are more interested in the job.
3. What will you do for the American Airline ?
You should know about the company before attending the interview and you should make the employer to recognize that your education,skills and experience are a precious aspects and explain about your previous achievements.
4. What do you know about American Airlines ?
Know about the company before you go for the interview.Look into the About Us and Careers section.Look into the company’s LinkedIn page.Search for the recent press release of the company so that you could know about the recent news stories shared by the company.
5. Why do you want to work with American Airlines ?
This question is asked to test how much you know about the company, its culture and whether you can identify the organisation’s values and vision.Every Airlines has its strong points and you should mention that in your answer.Be honest to yourself and to your interviewer with what it is in the company motivates you.
6. What is your expected salary ?
This question is a nasty little game you to know your interest in the job. Do not answer the for this question, instead say something like “Its a tough question to answer”. Ask for the range of the job. If you get the answer for that, say that it can depend on the detail of the job.
7. Do you have any queries ?
Do not ask about the salary, leave, place of posting and other related questions.Ask him more details about the company or ask for your feedback telling that so you can analyse and improve yourself and rectify your shortcomings.
8. Why did you leave your previous job ?
Never say the major problem and never say ill about the supervisor, colleagues or the organisation.Keep smiling and talk abut a positive reason for leaving such as a good opportunity or any other forward looking reasons.
Hope the above given information about the interview process and some sample interview questions will be helpful for your reference to approach for the American Airlines.